Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Praise God! We're pregnant!

"Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act."
Psalm 37:4-5

I admit that I am scared to post the news that we are FINALLY pregnant again. I am scared that this baby is not healthy and will miscarry. But, it's taken 4 times longer to get pregnant this time that it did with pregnancy #1 and with #2 (the twins)...and God deserves praise- regardless of my fear.

SO, I am SO excited!!! Praise God for His faithfulness to indeed give us the desires of our hearts. I have thought of this verse so many times over the last year or so and wondered if it was my heart that had it's desires wrong. But God is so good, He knows our hearts so completely and has indeed a perfect plan for each of our lives as we seek to glorify Him on this earth.

I post this for YOU- so that we can ask you to pray. Pray that I am pregnant with a healthy baby (or two healthy babies if you are feeling feisty). :-)

So, thank you in advance for your prayers. I'll keep y'all posted as we know more.

(Oh, possible a July 1 due date....some of you might want to know that I suppose.)

14 comments:

Brianne said...

YAHOO!!!!! Praising God with you today!!!! :)

...it's amazing how easily we can take pregnancy for granted when it comes quickly. When it does not (we know....) you realize all the more what a GIFT and MIRACLE it is.

YAY GOD!!! Who gives incredible gifts!!! :) And who teaches so much while He has us wait....

Mars said...

YEAH!!!! Leah, I am so, so excited and happy for you guys.
We will be praying for you. :)
Love ya,
Mars

Wilson Family said...

Yipee!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I will really be praying for you!! Congrats!!!!!

Lukas and Gretchen said...

Ok so I am in tears!! We are praying and praising the Lord with you.
love
gretch

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

Yay! Praise God for babies. We'll be praying for your and the baby (or babies :) health.

rdnaharding said...

Okay...I am at work...just heard Andrea was having a girl and thought, what have Leah & Eric been up to lately. :) Here I sit, tears streaming down my face at the office. (I am suppose to be typing these stupid BPO reports!) I can't tell you how happy I am for you guys. We have been praying for you and will continue. BUT, since you are praying for us to get two boys, I think I will pray for you to get 2 healthy babies too! God reminded me today several times about "His timeframe". So glad for you guys! Congratulations! We love you guys and the first set of twins so much!Debbie
PS> What a fun text to send to my family! I never know first!!!

Adam N said...

We are so happy for you Leah and Eric! You can be assured of our prayers.
Love you,
Jaime

rdnaharding said...

I was SO excited when my mom sent me the text message I had to call her and make sure that I read it right!!! I have been praying for you hoping that you would get pregnant and if not that God would give you strength. I also prayed that you would be calm not knowing what God had in mind! I am so happy to find out that what God had in mind was a baby or two!
Love, Nicole

Pam said...

Hooray, so happy to hear the news!! Thank you for your encouraging post, too. God is good and faithful. Praise Him for His perfect plan. I will pray for you.

jhoch said...

We rejoice with you and we'll be praying for the health of this little one(s) growing in your womb. Love, Mike and Jessica

Sean said...

Wow, Leah...I am praying for you and Eric and the little one(s)! It is so encouraging to read your post and to get to be a part of this with you! I'm going to pray for you every time I buckle someone in a carseat :) ~Erin

Ellie said...

Yea! Congratulations! Savannah told me the good news after we left your Bible Study and I checked the blog right when I got home. I'm so happy for you!

-Ellie C.

Marianne Wick said...

God is so good!!!! We up here in Alaska land are rejoicing with you guys - why not triplets?!??!

Aunt Marianne

LDraper said...

Congratulations from The Draper Family!! We found your blog via the Naugle's and are Praising God with you today!
I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy and a peaceful heart for you.
Lindsey (Sean, Reagan and Ian too!)