Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unlikely leverage.

Sam, who has been an exemplary eater until recently, has decided that he doesn't really like chicken. In response, I've started making Jello a more regular occurrence. No chicken, no Jello. It works well for him, and Jello is cheap and easy. Well, last night at dinner we didn't have any Jello...but we did have squash. The kid unexpectedly begged for more squash thru the meal and finally Eric just gave up and gave him the entire semi hollowed half from his own plate....but not until after Sam ate some chicken. Voila- the chicken is gone. Looks like we'll be having more acorn squash very very soon. Here is the boy and his squash. He destroyed the thing.
Maggie of course wanted her picture taken too. I told her to make a 'pretty smile' and this is what I got. We call this one 'Joel Face' at our place.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Yummy! I love squash too!

Jenne said...

Boy oh boy, if squash works, i would take that in a heartbeat! What a funny thing to discover. And the chicken battle... i don't envy you. We went through that one for a LONG TIME with Davis. And i thought it would never end and it just kept getting worse and worse as he got pickier and pickier. (Our final solution was that if he ate all his dinner food without complaint all week long, than it was "Friday Night - Davis Choice" for dinner. That worked like a charm. Like squash.