Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Our Time in Chico: Christmas Break 2012

We got Dad V. a helicopter for Christmas.  He was happy to get a toy, I think...instead of the usual shirt.  

What?  More Star Wars Legos?  Shocker.  ;-)  Silly boy refused to open any up and put them together while in Chico for fear of losing a piece before he got them home.  

Grandpa had fun helping Miles get into his gifts.

Maggie was SHOCKED to open up Molly, the bff to her American Girl doll Emily.

Big BIG hugs all around.

Miles got this Thomas train from my parents and loved it.  My Aunt Tracie graciously spent a long time driving it around for him while he laughed.

 Maggie and Molly.

Maggie got her first official sewing lesson from my mom.  It made me SO happy to see my mom teaching her in the same way she taught me.  Maggie loved every minute of it.  I think Grandma did too.


Maggie started out with no thread, learning to start and stop and stay on the lines of the paper.  She had a rather crooked first pass or two, but got the hang of it very quickly.

Cute little seamstress starting her apron.

All done!  Nice work ladies.

After the bulk of the family got over the flu thing that we brought with us (boo) Eric and I took an afternoon and hiked the twins up Monkey Face in Upper Bidwell Park.  It was beautiful clear weather when we were in Chico and a blessing to get to spend time outdoors enjoying the beauty God created there.

Sam's favorite activity while in Chico is to climb through the "face" and sit out on the ledge over looking the valley.  See all the happiness on that 7 year old face?

Maggie had a blast too.

Trees, rocks, sun.  Perfection when you're seven.


We tried to get a picture of the two of us...and got an extra visitor.




This picture probably sums up their personalities better than any other right now.  ;-)  



I am TRYING to put myself in more pictures.  I realized I've fallen into the trap of taking all the pictures and mama ends up left out of the family history.  Oopsies.  So, all that being said- here is my and my girl.

Peek a boo!

I don't know what this is, but it was very important that we take a picture of him doing it.
 We tried to get them to point to Monkey Face while we hiked a long route back down.  They were frustrated that we wanted them to point not to where they thought the face was...but where the camera thought it was.  This was the closest we got.  ;-)

Did some more tree climbing on the way back down.


Two of my boys.  I love them.  They're sure cute.  (don't tell Sam I said that...)
My cousin stopped by one afternoon, this is her baby (praise God!) Eloise.  She's cute.  I like her.  I wanted to keep her.  I had to give her back.  dang it.

1 comment:

Mark Moffat said...

Thanks for anew post!