Thursday, July 26, 2012

Go Big or Go Home. Day 3 in Disney!

Day 3!  We hit California Adventure in the morning and finished up some rides we had previously missed and re-rode some others....like the Little Mermad ride: Maggie rode it a total of FOUR times.  She LOVED it.  

We used Miles' pass again and took the kids on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.  It's pretty much a glorified scrambler with an added twist and swing in there.  Got that?  ;-)  It was fun, you get to rock out to Larry the Cable Guy (aka: Mater) singing some awesome tunes.

 Dad videoed the ride.  I took a picture of him videoing me.  This is my memory of Dad on the trip: a sleeveless shirt, video camera in hand and a smile on his face.  I'm glad I documented it.  ;-)
 The boys waiting for the ride to start in their tractor.

We also finished up A Bug's Land that morning.  We took Miles on Heimlich Caterpillar's smell-o-vision? train.  Miles LOVED it.  It was hilarious.  This ride, the train in DL (pics to come next in the post), the Monorail, and It's A Small World.  That's his top 4.  Oh, and the Muppet 3-D movie when the walls bust apart.  That's pretty funny stuff too.
 Miles anticipating the train ride, he was nervous as he didn't know what it was going to do, but as it got going he was very happy.
 Maggie, grinning and sporting her lanyard of traded pins.
 We headed to DL for the afternoon and did Toon Town.
 We met Mickey.  This was a highlight for our kids (as it should be, right?).  ;-)


 Even Mom and Dad got their picture taken with Mickey.  They said this was their first time they had gone in to see Mickey.  I guess when you have three sons meeting Mickey isn't too high on the priority list.  Aren't they cute?!
 The Soundsational Parade in Disneyland.  We were rather tired by this point in the day and Eric and I were finding all sort of things funny that you normally might now.  For example, these drummers.  They have Adidas high tops on....
 ...with Mickey shaped tongues.  We found it hilarious.
 Dad, videoing the days events...
 Here's something else we found funny.  It looks like the party store threw up all over these poor girls...
 For my Aunt Sandy.  Mary and Bert.
 Practically perfect in every way.
 We had amazing food with horrible service at Big Thunder Ranch for dinner that night.  Don't worry Disney, we won't hold it against you.  Here's Sam and Grandpa ready for some food.

That's it folks!  I have a few more pictures from our small camera of Sam at his dinner in Goofy's Kitchen.  I'll get those up....when I find the camera.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I love the picture with of Maggie with her Grandma Moffat. Grandma, there is such a huge wonderful beautiful amazing look of love on your face! Blessings indeed!

sandybeale21@gmail.com said...

So much fun! And thanks for Mary and Bert!