Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Camping: Miles edition

Miles did well camping (notice I didn't say good, great, or amazing...). We're thinking that for a kid who is pretty much officially in the Special Ed category, he did REALLY well. But this Mama has higher expectations for him than "well" or "okay". Miles' parents want to see Great! and Amazing! out of him. So, with that being said there is room for improvement in the camping category for Mi. BUT, he did sleep through the night every night, he did attempt a nap each day, and he did eat food outdoors and play in the sand without skipping a beat. Which for a child who (we've been told) has "Sensory Integration" issues, is a small miracle.

Now for the pics:
After adjusting to the sound of the ocean, Miles loved the beach. He would have stayed all day if we would have let him.

He spent his time around camp walking the perimeter of the picnic table, which worked out great for the rest of us- he stayed clean and got lots of practice walking without anyone else breaking their back. ;-)

Miles and Grandpa reading in the sun.

Okay, picture disclaimer: I try to avoid posting pics that show off Miles in his "special"-ness. But really, all his covered-in-sand-from-head-to-toe pictures were like this, so oh well. :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andie said...

I'm glad he slept so well while there. I'm sure that was a help to you. As far as the last pic-- if the concern is that he is eating the sand. Don't worry- I have similar pics of Byron at 2, as well.