Thursday, May 07, 2009

The year of the LadyBug.

So....I turned 30 on Monday. Many of my friends and family members are glad to see me "finally" join the "middle aged" group with them. (I won't reveal which one called 30 middle aged...). My husband gave me what I can only call at this point the BEST gift yet (minus that engagement ring and my three lovely children of course...). He gave me a set of Rachel Ray stonewear. Yipee! I had NO CLUE (amazing thing #1) and I really truely wanted it (amazing thing #2).
So of course I had to cook something in it as soon as possible. Here is our favorite Chicken (although this one was with turkey) Potpie recipe....and yes, I am still totally impressed with my 'fancy' new stonewear after cooking with it. Nice work, Rachel.

So, why the "Year of the Ladybug" you ask? Well, my darling husband bought me a music card with a ladybug on the front. Maggie picked it out and he thought, great! TWO DAYS after my birthday he realized the it had a picture of two ladybugs...well, you know...getting in on inside the card. Oopsies.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Alison said...

I've been admiring these for a long time too...maybe I'll start leaving some hints and see if they show up for our anniversary!

Eric 'n Leah said...

Kohls. Kohls Cash. Do it now Brandon. Do it now.

(Wow, you get presents for your anniversary!??!? Impressive.)

Katie said...

Sounds like my dad - one year he bought my mom a card (I think for valentines or mother's day) because he liked the picture on it. It wasn't until she opened it that she pointed out it was a sympathy card...

CeliacMommy said...

Happy big 30! :) I LOVE the stoneware. Never seen it before, but I may have to add that to my birthday idea list this year!

Jenne said...

Welcome to the ripe old age of 30. And to be so excited about stoneware...How very middle-age of you.