Well, here are some pics from our first day in California. Miles spent some of the morning hanging out with Great-Grandma Johnson.
And some of the morning crying for his nap. We ALL could use some extra sleep after the drive yesterday...some of us just show it more than others.
Mom and Dad sprung for the Wal-mart special for Sam and Maggie. We had already had to go to the store to exchange their helmets this morning- apparently my 3 1/2 year old children have heads the size of an 8 year old. Seriously, we bought the size 8+. Scary.
They've LOVED the bikes so far. Hopefully the rain will stay away so they can enjoy them this week. Of course, Sam is a pro already. Maggie could use some work on braking...but overall, they are doing GREAT!
Sidenote: I am rarely surprised by having to do things two at a time with the twins...but I guess I didn't really think through what it would be like to teach TWO children to ride bikes...at the same time. It may be a bit more overwhelming than I anticipated...

3 comments:
Glad you guys made it down there safety! We missed you at church today and at FPU! Bikes! How fun! I'm assuming you're brining them home with you? If so, you guys should come over and go bike riding with us at our park. Its a perfect place to ride as you don't have to worry about cars. Anyway hope you guys have a great week!
Big headedness is a Viertell blessing - lots of room fer brains :) - 'Course in my case the brains never filled the cavity and sometimes thay rattle around - duh!
Tio Steve
both my kids have gigantic heads too!
Post a Comment