Well, there is much rejoicing around this Moffat house today. Today is Eric's last day of work for this school year (the students were done yesterday). Today he will be home earlier than usual and tomorrow he won't leave. Yea!! Every month when the paycheck rolls in, I am reminded of the somewhat sad pay schedule that public school teachers live off of...but each June we are blessed by the glorious time known as summer!
I also seem to have the last burst of pregnancy energy, finally. Today I not only took the kids out to two different stores, but I did the dishes before noon, finished getting the baby books caught up, got Father's Day squared away, sorted out a messy bag of hair ribbons that I have ignored for months and months, prepared some bulbs to be planted as soon as my hubby has the energy/desire to do it for me, and even played with the kids and let them paint too....! I know many of these things are not too out of the ordinary for many of you...but at this stage of my life, they are all small miracles for me. :-) (Oh, and I did three loads of laundry...but what mom didn't do at least some laundry today??)
We also have less than one week before the horror known as the c-section becomes reality again, and I couldn't be happier-! Miles had officially worn out his welcome in my womb and I am ready to give him a breath of fresh air....and plus, we are really curious as to the coloring of this one...will be be red like his sis and pops?....or a tweener like Sam? Or will he be a really crazy one and have dark hair like me?.....Hhmm...only time will tell.
We are scheduled for Wednesday the 18th at noon for his arrival. Please join us in praying for safe travel for my parents from California, a safe arrival for Miles (and Mommy), and no huge toddler meltdowns from S&M (primarily M) while mommy is in the hospital.
Thanks all!
6 comments:
You do realize cha cha was born on the 18th too(of August) :) We are praying for you all and can't wait to see pics of Miles. Maybe if i can get a red head you will get a toe head :) Analina's hair get redder with each day! love you guys!
I just wrote this on Brianne's blog, but get a photo of yourself that last day or two. Despite how wretched you feel, you will (or at least Miles will) want the record later. I regret not getting some really good side shots at the end with Byron.
I agree with Andie, do get a picture because you won't ever be able to return to this state with the same kiddo! Go ahead, if MOM can do it (and I did) so can you!~
Ya, I am planning on Eric taking one in the next few days....don't get too excited about seeing it on the blog though...
:-)
I am so glad you're feeling well and have some energy. It is so nice to have things to look forward to, like Daddy being home (I can relate). I hope you have a sweet family weekend and father's day together before Miles arrives.
We will be praying for you on Wednesday, what a perfect father's day present!
You are amazing, my dear!! Sounds like that "nesting" thing is surely a reality for you - I wonder if Miles is planning on an earlier arrival than Wednesday? If you've got a little extra energy, pop it over my way, wouldja? ;)
Post a Comment