Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Goofy ones.

My kids are a wee bit goofy right now....I suppose it's just the age, eh? Anyhow, Sam has historically cried his way through any haircut we have given him. He HATES the feeling of the hair on him when it falls off. So this last week I started prepping him (on Wednesday) for his haircut that would take place on Saturday. He informed me that he needed a smock. (We've already tried leaving his clothes on for the cut as well as using a half-smock style thing...still he cries his way thru.) Being the forgetful one that I am right now, I was at Walmart twice this last week and forgot to pick up a cheap smock both times. So Saturday morning came and he still needed a smock. So we grabbed one of Eric's rotting t-shirts and using a hair clip of mine, we made him a smock that he was REALLY proud of. AND the best part? Not one tear during the haircut. Cut pic, huh?
My kids are watching Cars right now and therefore have hauled every cars item they can carry out into the living room (most of which are 'sleeping' under that pile of pillows and blankets). They were awfully quiet so I peeked around the corner to see what they were up to. As it turns out, no a whole lot. I snapped a pic and noticed when I uploaded it that Maggie's feet are up Sam's shorts....Hhmmm....only in the mind of a two year old would this seem like a logical place to put your feet. I think I'll go encourage her to put some socks on instead.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenne said...

I love the smock idea. Davis is really bothered by the clipped hair tickling and itching him. it can make a haircut drag on and on. the plastic smock I bought never gets quite tight enough around his neck (even though it is a child-size, it does not go small enough, I guess).

I giggled at your sock-in-shorts comment. Kids are so fun.